Arranging a Funeral
Choosing a Funeral Director
A Funeral Director is no different to any other professional person whom you may need to call on for specialised service, such as a doctor, solicitor or accountant. You should carefully consider their reputation, integrity, pricing structure and ability to service your needs. We believe a Funeral Director should always be conscious of your budget concerns and be able to provide you with the solution to bring together a special and unique funeral to meet your individual needs that will remain in your memory forever.
The Role of a Funeral Director
The role of the Funeral Director, while professional, should always be compassionate, caring and sensitive to the needs of the family. If no prior arrangements regarding the funeral have been made and the wishes of the deceased are unknown, there are some major decisions that need to be considered. Our role is to help and support you with these decisions.
Information Required by the Funeral Director
To register the death
- Full name of the deceased
- Residential address at time of death
- Date and place of birth
- Date and place of death
- Occupation of the deceased during their working life
- Marital status
- All details relating to marriages. Date, Whom too, Where
- Parents full names and occupations
- Mother’s maiden name
- Names of all children, living and deceased
- Dates of birth of the children
Regarding the Funeral
- Choice of burial or cremation
- The day, time and venue of the service
- Who is to lead the service – a member of the clergy, a celebrant?
- Is a viewing appropriate?
- What sort of cofffin/casket is required?
- Who will carry the casket?
- What kind of music will we have?
- Will there be a eulogy?
- What, if any, flowers would be most appropriate?
- Would you like to place a funeral notice in the newspaper? If so, which paper?
- Would you like to arrange for people to able to make donations to a particular charity in honour of the person?
- What special things can be done to personalise the ceremony?
Reflection of Life Funeral Cost (inc GST)
There are three main components in the cost of a funeral:
1. Professional Funeral Directors Fees
Starts from $3890.00 inc GST
- Funeral Directors Fees
- General Mortuary Fees
- Basic preparation and care of the deceased
- Holding of the deceased
- Liaison with Doctors, Hospitals, Coroners etc..
- Arranger to co-ordinate the funeral
- Registration of death with Births, Deaths and Marriages
- Ordering of a certified copy of Death Certificate
- Dressing of deceased if required
- Trained and Professional Staff
- Transportation vehicle
- Transportation of the deceased into our care
- Hearse on day of the funeral
- Attendance at Cemetery or Crematorium – 1 Hour
- Memorial attendance cards for family and friends to sign
- Memorial presentation box
2. Cemetery Fees
Approximate Cemetery Price for Cremations $1085.00 inc GST
Approximate Cemetery Price for New Grave Burial $2356.00 inc GST
Approximate Cemetery Price for Interment Burial $1338.00 inc GST
Costs vary depending on your particular requirements, e.g. burial or cremation, new grave or interment only and choice of cemetery.
Starting Price from $1590.00 Upwards
The difference between coffins and caskets is simply the design – coffins are tapered at the “head and foot” and are wider at the “shoulders”. Caskets are rectangular in shape.
We offer a large and varied selection of coffins and caskets to meet the needs of all – including simple veneered particleboard, solid or carved timber, enviroboard coffins and metal caskets, which are air and water-resistant for burial only. We also have a range of Eco-friendly coffins/caskets that are made from wool & cardboard. Prices vary according to quality of materials, design and construction.
As a truly unique celebration of life, we can organise a funeral that is a little special. All our funeral arrangers think ‘outside the square’ and can arrange custom-built coffins and special symbolic gestures. In the past we’ve built coffins in the shape of Utes or Spaceships, and have organised the release of doves or balloons.
We can also have a coffin personally designed for the deceased.
- Flowers (Casket Spray)
- Press Notices (Funeral and Death)
- Clergy or Celebrant
- Viewing of the deceased in our private chapel
- Provision of the use of a National Flag where appropriate
- Certified copy of Death Certificate
- Video of the service
- DVD Photo Presentation of a person’s Life
- Single Floral Tribute and Petals (burial only)
- Piper or Bugler
- Doves or Balloons
- Memorial Bookmarks
- Orders or Service Booklets
Currently a Cremation starts from approx $6500-$7000 upwards (inc. Basic Coffin).
Currently a Burial starts from approx $8500-$9000 upwards (inc. Basic Coffin and a new grave site).